Turner Broadcasting Sales Planner, Ad Sales in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Sales Planner, Ad Sales
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in sales planning? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a S ales Planner
to join the Ad Sales team in London.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is the division of Turner International responsible for the business operations of CNN’s properties outside of the United States. All the commercial activities for brands such as CNN International, CNN en Español, CNN Arabic, CNN Style, CNNMoney and Great Big Story are aligned within the division. This encompasses the advertising sales, sponsorship partnerships, commercial content development, content sales, brand licensing, distribution and out-of-home operations, business development and marketing for the world’s leading international news provider. CNNIC is a recognised industry leader in international advertising sales and its use of award-winning commercial content, produced through its Create unit and driven by its advanced data usage and digital capabilities, has resulted in strong and enduring partnerships with many of the world’s most recognised brands. Its Content Sales and Licensing unit has relationships with more than 1000 affiliates ranging from licensing the CNN brand through to content supply contracts as well as offering consultancy services. CNNIC has offices across the world, with key hubs in London, Hong Kong and Miami. For more information visit http://commercial.cnn.com
This is an instrumental role within a high-pressured sales team at CNNIC, focusing on the Southern & Eastern Africa. The Sales Planner role is crucial to the day to day running of the team and works across every aspect of the sales business, which includes pitches, proposals to clients and management of the team assistant and their day to day tasks. They will also assist in the coordination and communication, account management, day to day representative & client needs across the UK market. The Sales Planner will be responsible for contracts, billing and senior administrative tasks within the team. They must have relevant media/agency experience and knowledge of agency landscape and contacts. They will assist with the day to day management of the Sales Assistant in the team.
The role may require some travel, but at the start, the focus and base is the London office.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the coordination, communication, account management ofclient needs across the market
- Strategic development of proposals, media schedules, presentations and other supporting documents to relevant territories tailored to clients
- Assist Account Managers and Reps in identifying new prospective clients within specified markets (proactive lead generation)
- Campaign management, existing campaigns optimization through brain storming, data analysis and finding new ways of business
- Manage & develop the Sales Assistant along with all their duties to ensure all administrative needs are met and support Sales Managers and the team Director
- Preparing Excel spreadsheets to monitor proposalsbeing sent
- Supply Reps with appropriate leads and follow-up in identifying additional programming opportunities for existing clients
- Assist in identifying key events within designated markets that may be important for ad sales
- Research work with the Regional Sales team to provide/develop relevant audience information for Reps and clients within the UK territories
- Maintaining smooth running of active campaigns with assistant, ensuring client and reps are continuously updated on active campaigns
- Monitor competitive international networks, print titles and appropriate local and regional broadcasters
- Ensure team is continuously updated and meeting to tackle all aspects of business
- Numerical upkeep of campaigns and responsibility for targets. Invoices to be requested and saved in appropriate documents so team is aware of where all saved once issued
- Assist with all Media Trade deals, including managing barter deal plans, as well as manage event process, filling out S&P form for talent participation, and ensuring smooth process of Event or Barter deal
- To assist generally in the smooth running of the team both upward and downward
Knowledge and experience required
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Some relevant media/agency experience
- Knowledge of Global media landscape;
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a team and alone when allocated certain tasks and responsibilities
- Able to manage the team’s sales assistant as well as being managed by Manager in the region
Fluent in written and spoken English Desirable:
Working knowledge of French
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share news that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.