Turner Broadcasting Programming Ops Coordinator in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Programming Ops Coordinator
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in Programming Operations? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Programming Operations Co-ordinator to join Technology & Operations team in London.
The Programming Operations team is responsible for the management of processes to ensure all content is ordered, processed (with associated metadata) to meet TX requirements. This team will order content for Turner EMEA distribution (linear and non linear, You Tube etc) and work very closely with the EMEA Programming Operations team, Dubbing Managers and Tech Ops. To ensure the content is processed accessed, ingested and deflashed to meet the Technical workflow and timelines.
The team manages the day to day media handling operation for subbing, dubbing and TX, co-ordinates the mastering and ingest of content, working closely with Tech Ops to design effective, simple workflows. While the Turner Curator is responsible for ensuring delivery and entry of metadata into key systems, this team will also work with distributors (CNUS Studios, WB, 3rdParty distributors) to ensure quality metadata (to Turner specs) are delivered and available with the initial content ingest.
The Programming Operations Co-ordinator is responsible for working closely with all parties to ensure efficient processing of Purchase Orders.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating with all departments to ensure Content Orders are received in time to ensure TX/Delivery requirements area able to be met.
- Working with Dubbing Managers to ensure orders are processed and liaise directly with dubbing studios to ensure timelines are met.
- Working with Ingest & Post Production team to planning and co-ordinating plan to ensure complete understanding of priority of content for ingest/deflashing.
- Ensuring all content received is to Turner Specs (Original Delivery + Dubbed content)
- Able to prioritize content required to be processed for Ingest/Deflash/Delivery (LPP/Dubbing studios).
- Working with internal and external partners to ensure a smooth running operation of the media supply chain, coordinate with all relevant departments to ensure the processing of material is carried out efficiently and to deadline. – including, ordering, receipt, studio liaison, final delivery.
- Receiving all duplication and dubbing orders from Programming and Sales team for shared content. Manage reception of all material from Distributors and Licensors. Place work orders in the company’s chosen system and ensure payment.
- Prioritizing and monitoring content being processed through Turner MAM. Ensure quality and scheduled delivery of materials from studios and third parties. Check that all legal/brand compliance requirements are in place at relevant stages.
- Coordinating the Content Operations elements of new channels and services and ensure all programme content is available in a timely manner for launch.
- Working on ad hoc projects within T&O such as channel launches, reviewing metadata, new services etc.
- Ensuring workflows are able to be up-scaled to fast track content and plan metrics/resources required for larger projects.
Knowledge and experience required
- Operations experience within a busy broadcast environment ideal preferably in file based environment
- Knowledge of file-based workflows, workflow implementation
- Experience working with File formats, Frame rate conversion, some understanding of budgets
- Self-sufficient and organised
- Flexible with the ability to prioritise appropriately
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and drive solutions
- Ability to project manage and conclude open ended issues
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!