Turner Broadcasting Producer in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Producer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Creative
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in creative production ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Producer to join the Creative Services team in London.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Producer will support Turner Entertainment products in Kids’ TV and General Entertainment, servicing the channels available to audiences in the UK and Northern Europe.The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating and exchanging projects and content with colleagues from other departments and feeds around the world.The role includes brainstorming creative ideas, conception and production of promotion-spots and program content. It also includes the production and conception of graphical elements and packages, scripting writing and video/music editing, producing trailers, promotional material and other on-air content and activities, whilst ensuring that all projects are delivered to budgets, deadlines and quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Participating in brainstorms to create concepts.
- Creating budgeted proposals, script writing and casting voiceovers.
- Editing: sourcing and selecting clips from Turner-owned and licensed content, to then creatively cut together into engaging promotional content for the channels.
- Establishing a good working relationship with audio engineers.
- Working with Designers: collaborating with the Design team to get the very best out of each project. This is a two-way process and this element of the role involves allowing the designers to do their job, whilst still keeping a firm creative handle on the project.
- Directing talent: regularly directing voice-over artists to deliver on-brand reads for promos and continuity. The role also involves directing in-vision talent, whether that is presenters for continuity or actors in other creative content.
- Final Delivery: the Producer is responsible for creating their own end-pages and ensuring that this information is accurate and correct. They must deliver each element correctly so that Presentation and Ingest are able to ensure the scheduling aspect is accurate. It is also the Producer’s responsibility to make sure that once creatively approved, key stakeholders see the finished creative.
- Cross-departmental relationships: building a successful working relationship with Marketing, Digital and PR; aligning our campaigns and collaborating with various areas of the business
- Mentoring: supporting the Creative Manager in working closely with junior members of the department to ensure output is always to a high standard and that the individuals are exposed to all facets of the creative pipeline.
Knowledge and experience required
- Prior experience of using Premiere Pro
Fluent in written and spoken English Desirable:
Confidence in a second language
- Prior experience in the media industry
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.