Turner Broadcasting Producer in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Producer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
As Producer, Programming & Alerts for CNN International’s digital team, you will be crucial to ensuring our journalism has the maximum impact. You will combine an instinctive flair for writing snappy headlines with a desire to dive deep into the data that can inform longer-term programming decisions. Our Producers handle breaking news stories of global impact, assessing conflicting information and prioritizing a deluge of content.
The successful candidate will manage CNN’s international digital platforms with a particular emphasis on mobile. You will be an expert at using live data and A/B testing to optimize CNN’s content for its audience across all platforms. You will work closely with the content, social, audience and newsgathering teams to ensure CNN digital’s daily output reflects the broad range of the news agenda and meets the demands of the audience. You will also prioritize key commercial markets for CNN and optimise commercially valuable content.
The ideal candidate will have digital newsroom experience and be comfortable with digital publishing platforms. Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills are also essential.
What you’ll be doing:
- Editing CNN International’s mobile, app and desktop platforms according to the day’s editorial priorities as directed by senior editors.
- Using real-time, hourly and daily data, and A/B tests to ensure maximum reach and impact.
- Working with senior programmers and editors to write accurate and engaging push and banner alerts.
- Writing clever and catchy headlines, imaginative teases and selects impactful images.
- Working with CNN Newsgathering and digital content teams to ensure comprehensive and timely coverage of daily news agenda.
- Working with key verticals to ensure the successful delivery of commercial targets
- Liaising with programming teams around the world, ensuring seamless handovers and coordinated coverage.
A CMS super-user. What we’re looking for:
Solid digital newsroom experience
- Experience in breaking news desirable
- Experience of digital publishing platforms
- Demonstrable interest in news and global affairs
- Desire to make CNN International innovative and distinctive
- Confident understanding of emerging platforms
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Gift for powerful headlines, creative writing and visual impact
- Global mindset
- Highly organized and adapts well to changes at work What’s on offer:
As Producer, Programming and Alerts, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading news organisation. As you might expect, this comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical and a generous pension contribution. The role is also eligible for company bonus and on top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.