Turner Broadcasting Manager, Data & Consumer Insights in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Manager, Data & Consumer Insights
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Data Research/Usability
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in working with data analytics ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Manager – Data & Consumer Insights to join the Data & Consumer Insights team in London.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
Turner is in the middle of implementing a “Re-inventing TV” strategy in the region; putting fans at the very centre of decisions and operations in order to grow and thrive in the changing media landscape. The Data & Consumer Insights (DCI) team is at the forefront of Turner’s transformation into a consumer-centred data-driven organisation.
The Manager role is a cornerstone of the Northern Europe Data & Consumer Insights team with specific responsibility for supporting the UK business with recommendations based on consumer insight and data analysis. The role is based in London, manages a Senior Analyst and an Analyst, and reports to the Senior Director of Data and Consumer Insights for Northern Europe
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as an internal consultant; driving business growth by providing expert recommendations based on consumer insight and data analysis to the programming, scheduling, marketing, on-air presentation, digital, business development, sales and finance functions
- Work closely with the Senior Director in transforming the DCI UK function in to a more strategic, pro-active and forward-looking team that can demonstrate a visible positive impact on the business
- Deputise for the Senior Director and represent the DCI function by attending, presenting at and hosting internal and external meetings when required
- Manage the DCI UK team on a day-to-day basis ensuring best practices are employed, processes are optimised and output (including: ad hoc requests, reporting, preparation for meetings and forecasting) is of exceptional quality
- Line manage and support the professional development of the Senior Analyst and the Analyst in the UK
- Assist in building new data analytics capabilities within the DCI UK function (working closely with the DCI EMEA central teams). Support the implementation and roll out of new data products within the business when required
- Actively participate in the broader DCI EMEA community, supporting DCI EMEA initiatives and using these to generate value for the UK business
- Commission and manage (in conjunction with the Senior Director) consumer insight and data analytic projects when required. Accountable for the management of syndicated research studies.
- Champion data driven consumer centricity within the business
Knowledge and experience required
- Highly numerate with a degree in a subject that requires data analysis, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within a data analytics (or similar) role in a TV or media environment
- Management experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Digital analytics experience
- Commercial experience
- Passionate about understanding consumers, media and the use of data to inform creative and business decisions
- Strong MS office skills (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience using TechEdge and Adobe Analytics
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible with an iterative approach to priorities
A ‘team player’ with good people management skills and the ability to work independently Desirable:
Experience of YouTube analytics, Facebook analytics, social media listening tools, reporting tools (i.e. Looker or Tableau), statistical packages (i.e. SPSS) or coding languages (i.e. SQL or Python)
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.