Turner Broadcasting Executive Assistant in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Executive Assistant
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Administrative/Clerical
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Temporary
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in administrative support ? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a n Executive Assistant to join the Digital Ventures & Innovations team in London for a 12-month fixed-term position.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
We are looking for a responsible Executive Assistant to support the EVP of the Digital Ventures & Innovations team in a timely and professional manner. The successful candidate will be a fluent Spanish speaker who can provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level executives. The Executive Assistant will identify and address the needs of the EVP and senior managers and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. The role will involvescheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate also has previous experience as an EA and is familiar with office management technologies.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Schedule management; coordinates the schedule of the EVP ensuring that meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly.
- Making travel arrangements; coordinating flights, accommodations and other itinerary specifics.
- Using your initiative to handle ad-hoc tasks as and when they arise
- Coordinating the daily calendars of senior managers
- Planning appointments and events
- Acting as the point of contact between executives and employees/clients
- Making travel arrangements
- Responding promptly to managers’ queries
- Facilitating internal communications (e.g. distribution lists and scheduling presentations)
- Reviewing and recommending changes to our company policies
- Staff supervision. Supervision of junior-level staff, including executive assistant and PA. Coordinates efforts of these parties in effectively running the executive office, training staffers on internal processes and systems and ensuring that all necessary functions are appropriately covered.
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors, raise Purchase Orders and receipts, and managing the expenses report for the EVP
- Records and reports; creating spreadsheets and charts, maintaining databases and write departmental status reports.
- Involvement with generating financial reports and handling human resources, accounting functions and generating presentations.
- Gatekeeping; taking requests for meetings and coordinating various aspects of interdepartmental communication as necessary.
Knowledge and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken & written)
- Significant experience of working at Executive Assistant level with senior management and senior level clients
- Ability to manage complex and highly confidential information
- Comfortable working autonomously and across multiple tasks and reporting into different project working teams and staff members
- Comfortable dealing with confidential information in a diplomatic way
- Efficiency; excellent communication and social skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy
- Reliable, positive and flexible attitude and is willing to collaborate with colleagues to achieve results
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- First class organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to be adaptable to meet the needs of the business
- Numerate with the ability to present and analyse data
- Comfortable when working to tight deadlines, and able to turn work around within a short time frame where demands are liable to change at short notice
- Ability to think proactively and laterally to maximise opportunities
- A strong interest in the media industry
- A general understanding of external and economic trends affecting the media sector Team ethic
- Ability to plan ahead - able to look forward into diary and identify pressure points
Responsible and reliable Desirable:
Fluency in another foreign language
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Please note that this role is a 12-month fixed-term position.