Turner Broadcasting Procurement Buyer in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title Procurement Buyer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges,we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
- The role has primary responsibility for sourcing supplier opportunities to generate commercial savings, risk avoidance, goods/service enhancements and ensure compliance with procurement policies/procedures
- Supplier negotiations, plus supporting documentation workflows, research, analytics and tenders
- Dovetails with local SSC P2P workflows, Ariba preparation and implementation support
- Role sits under the direction of the Procurement team within Finance What will you be doing?
Supplier Engagement (65%)
- Pro-actively engage stakeholders to identify opportunities that will reduce costs and enhance supplier deliverables to meet business demands (short and long-term)
- On-going maintenance of suppliers to optimise relationship and deliverables (SLA, KPI, reports)
- Run tenders for stakeholders, negotiate, support contracting and help set suppliers service levels
- Drive supply category rationalisation, continually enhance and ensure all suppliers are contracted
Work with Legal, Compliance, HR, P2P and other key supporting resources. Escalate concerns Supplier Management (20%)
Run tenders, e-auctions and leverage supplier contracts database via our PX Procurement tool
- Leverage information / supplier spend via TWGS spend platform to leverage opportunities
Ensure all contracts have internal owners. Proactively notify owners in advance of contract expiry
Optimise results, work with wider resources (e.g. TWGS, country, regional & TI Procurement)
Liaising with HR, Accounts Payable, Legal to escalate issues. Randomly check monthly invoice values and follow up as required Supplier Support (15%)
Ensure supplier engagement workflow is followed / supported and we dovetail with P2P teams
- Run supplier benchmarking, due diligence, category spend reports and share with stakeholders
- Support stakeholders with supplier issues / opportunities and ensure we align with policy
- Source new / alternate suppliers, liaising with internal requestor(s)
- Promote use of the Procurement team, demonstrating advantages and results
Help ensure all suppliers are contracted, comply with Ethical, Anti-Bribery and other policies What do we require from you?
Good knowledge / experience of Procurement as a buyer. Capable / confident in running tenders and negotiations. Minimum 4 years.
- Strong analytic skills. Ability to determine commercial cost of goods and services from contracts
- Proven savings deliverables. Able to clearly communicate rationale behind a decision to engage / change suppliers
- Ability to apply a broad understanding of financial management principals to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and based on budgets
- Ability to persuade, influence and explore positions / alternatives to reach outcomes that will gain stakeholder acceptance
- Excellent proven communicator and collaborator. Confident dealing with all levels of seniority
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up. Used to working under pressure and using own initiative.
- Ability to self-diagnose & solve problems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically, advanced Excel, (Vlookup, pivot, macros, etc.)
- Manages own time, proactively manages workload effectively and ensures deadlines are met. A flexible / professional approach to work
Team Player with excellent telephone manner; communication skills But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company