Turner Broadcasting Intern, Trade Marketing in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title Intern, Trade Marketing
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first-class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges,we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
About CNN Team
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its global digital footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.
What will you be doing?
- Translations: News clippings, press releases, programming highlights, publicity materials
- Transcriptions: Transcribe news video clips and interviews, and translate into Chinese or English
- News Clipping Reports: Collate and distribute Asia Pacific regional Turner news report internally on a weekly basis
- Image Library: Maintain and update show imagery and materials for promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- Branded premium inventory: Source and coordinate production of branded premiums for kids, news and general entertainment channels. Maintain and update premiums inventory for affiliates and roadshows.
- Research: Find out the latest trends from the news and broadcast industry
- Handling Requests: PR and event agencies, media and clients from various Asia Pacific markets
Affiliate Support: Support provide marketing & PR assets to Turner’s distribution partners throughout the Southeast Asia Pacific region.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic intern to join our team for a year. With us, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and be able to get a behind-the-scenes look into how the world’s leading international news, kids, and entertainment channels operate .
- Turner internships extend an opportunity to be a part of a large multinational corporation and leading global television provider. Learn the ins and outs of the television industry through a diverse and varying support role with regional exposure working on fun and innovative brands.
- The News, Cartoon Network & General Entertainment internship offers the opportunity to work on exciting genres and brands such as cartoons, anime, Korean entertainment, reality television, news and mass market general entertainment channels. But wait, there’s more!
This role helps college students or new grads experience life at Turner, one of the World’s biggest media company. Turner interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers if we don’t hire them first!
They have the chance to collaborate and connect with our full-time employee and our business leaders. And, like all Turner employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
Turner offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and most importantly is fun!
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company