Turner Broadcasting Executive, Communications in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Posting Job Title Executive, Communications
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Communications/Publicity
Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges,we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
About CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.
What will you be doing?
Content creation, drafting press releases and PR plans and maintain CNNI Communications social media accounts.
Manage programming / commercial campaigns overview
- Organize and oversee social campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Plan and organize media engagements and industry events – work with Editorial and Commercial teams
- Maintain and build relationships with journalists from consumer and trade press
- Maintain a) accurate press list b) targeted press release distribution
- Assist to reinforce brand PR & e-PR strategies by exploring and pitching in all media platforms especially digital and social media platforms, blogs & intranet.
- Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
- Develop and maintain good media and industry body relations in APAC
- Handle all agencies/vendors invoices and act as contact point for billing matters
- Update internal communications channels
- Liaise with vendors and PR agencies
- Ensure all corporate press releases are updated and accessible by media on the website.
Develop and maintain all corporate factsheets, FAQ’s etc What do we require from you?
Degree holder in Journalism, Public Relations or related disciplines
- At least 2 years’ experience in Public Relations or Corporate Communications: in-house PR department and/or PR agency.
- Hands-on knowledge in media relations, press events and PR support for marketing campaigns.
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Outgoing, presentable with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (other language skills will be looked upon favorably – but not mandatory
- A passion for social media and the world of technology
- A great team player who can work with teams across regions
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excel at research and developing impactful insights and PR recommendations
Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, MS Word, and Power-Point But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company