Turner Broadcasting Licensing Manager in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posting Job Title Licensing Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Licensing
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in licensing? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Licensing Manager to join the Licensing team in Dubai.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
Reporting to the Licensing Senior Manager and working closely with the EMEA Retail & Category teams,the Licensing Manager will maintain & grow relationships with key licensees & retailers to maximize placement and sales of licensed products, gain market share, deliver significant retail marketing, media value and promotional activity and create cohesive programs incorporating all Cartoon Network products & brands.
The successful candidate will build & lead the relationships with existing licensees and key Accounts. The role will be responsible for growing the business with existing licensees & retailers; ensuring we agree on clear set of priorities and a Trade marketing calendar 8/12 month ahead of the season. The Licensing Manager will also maintain and support relationships with the sales & marketing divisions of major wholesalers, distributors & licensees
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with licensees & retailers
- Regular and constant contact with relevant licensees, distributors & wholesalers (e.g. Design, sourcing, sales, marketing)
- Regular and constant contact with relevant retailer departments (e.g. Buying, Marketing)
- Business intelligence, be up to date with the latest market trends and Evaluate competitive activity
- Team up with product development to drive the relevant offer of compelling products and ensure we cover all opportunities
- Cooperate and communicate with all internal & external stakeholders key initiatives & opportunities
- Responsible for organizing key meetings for property presentations with retailers and collaborating with local licensees.
- Communicate externally with relevant licensees and distributors
- Secure and improve existing business, initiate & launch proactively new products, projects and properties
- Create and maintain a calendar of key category selection & activity planning deadlines
Lead/execute cross-category events Objective:
Support the L&M strategy that achieves/supports organizational objectives including, market share, volume, revenue, placement and brand awareness
- Implement Integrated Business Planning (KA-/ and Marketing Planning).
- Drive and improve Retail Analytics Processes (i.e. SKU Counting and Sell-Through Data)
- Implement and maintain an 18-24 month planning calendar for retail pitch and program activation deliverables.
- Deliver against the middle east annual financial targets for the assigned categories & licensees.
- Build strong relationships with our key partners to continually grow our market share.
- Work closely with the local commercial team.
- Work closely with the central team
- Drive and implement CN franchise strategy
- Manage allocated budgets
- Seek out additional growth opportunities
- Establish and organize the set-up of regular summits & reviews with retailers
- Partner with digital/ marketing/ Creative/ Ad sales/ programming teams to ensure L&M benefits from company’s activities.
- Utilize available research tools to inform the team of product & retail trends and support strategic initiatives, assess business opportunity & impact.
Knowledge and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Significant experience in sales or marketing with branded consumer product companies or retailers, preferably in an international environment
- Deep knowledge and experience of GCC retail landscape and respective business patterns
- Have a deep understanding of and genuine enthusiasm for the licensing industry
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Effective & experienced in group presentation
- A results-driven individual who champions change
- Experience of managing in matrixed organisations- ability to multi-task within a small, fast-paced & dynamic group
Working from our office in Dubai, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!