Turner Broadcasting Digital Programming Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark
Posting Job Title Digital Programming Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
Denmark - Copenhagen
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation?Do you have experience in digital programming? If so, we’d love to hear from you.We are currently recruiting a Digital Programming Manager to join the Programming team in Copenhagen.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 69 channels in 20 languages to 125 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
Reporting to the Director of Kids Programming, this role is responsible for the curation and planning of Turner’s newly launched SVOD service and ensuring its continued optimisation and growth in line with KPI’s. In addition, this role is responsible for building strong SVOD packages for platform partners in the region.
Another key area of responsibility will be to keep up to date with Nordic kids media habits and developments in kids programming and make sure the strategy is aligned with the current market situation and needs.
The successful candidate will manage the Digital Scheduler to guarantee all digital schedules are delivered in a timely and correct manner and communicated to all related areas of the business, including to our partner, HBO Nordic.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the curation and scheduling of the SVOD service; optimising the service based on research insights, deciding programming and promotional priorities, signing-off on key metadata and additional assets.
- Acting as the key liaison with HBO and other partners
- Working closely with the acquisitions department to identify key strong shows that can grow the product in line with overall brand and product strategy.
- Keep up to date with Nordic kids media habits and development in kids programming and make sure the strategy is aligned with the current market situation and needs.
- Managing the digital scheduler in implementing the monthly schedules to ensure content is dubbed and published in a timely manner; ensuring timely communication to relevant internal departments(creative, marketing, PR, Technology and Operations, presentation and external contacts (eg HBO Nordic).
- Planning the launch of new programs and ensure alignment with other departments
- Developing creative programme planning concepts and recommendations for key launches. Build and maintain competitor knowledge of key competitor platforms, brands, content and programming strategy.
- Delivering competitive SVOD packages to platform partners in the Nordic region.
- Working as a key strategic sparring partner for the Programming Director and VP, Content and Creative in the long-term strategy.
- Acting as an ambassador and expert for the brand both internally and with external partners
- Maintaining awareness of key dates such as programme delivery and highlighting related problems.
Knowledge and experience required
- Understanding of short, medium and longer-term tactical scheduling strategies across digital and linear platforms. Detailed knowledge and understanding of key competitor strategies.
- Ability to think and act on both strategic, analytical and operational levels
- Experience in TV or non-linear scheduling
- Understanding of media trends and proven ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Management experience
- Open and willing to share experience and knowledge with other team members to help build a strong department.
- Computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) with experience using a broadcast scheduling system (i.e. Vision)
- Analytical skills and a solid knowledge about the kids target group
Excellent communication skills Desirable:
Experience of managing a digital OTT product
Working from our office in Copenhagen , you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global media company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.
Less Fear, More Fun, All In.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page to see what life is like at Turner!