Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern - TBS/TNT Public Relations (Burbank) in Burbank, California
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern - TBS/TNT Public Relations (Burbank)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - California - Burbank
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
- Creates and executes all awards and show publicity campaigns from start to finish
- Coordinates interviews and appearances in support of TBS & TNT shows
- Organizes elaborate events for awards season, show premieres, critics and press tours, and more
- Manages all talent relations and representative communications
- Handles all publicity and marketing-related travel and coordinates full itineraries
What will you be doing?
- Be a vital part of the TNT or TBS show publicity team and support the Events & Awards and Talent Relations teams
- See first-hand how a PR show campaign is executed from start to finish
- Participate in brainstorming and planning from start to finish for events and campaigns
- Work events including premieres, award shows, press and critics tours, and various others
- Assist with compiling daily press clippings for a company-wide report using resources Burelles Luce, Critical Mention and Google news
- Edit and proofread press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, loglines, etc.
- Help with coordinating and booking all talent travel for events and show publicity appearances
- Be mentored by a fantastic team with colleagues of all levels
What do we need from you?
- Studied communications, public relations or a related field
- Extremely attentive to detail with strong editing and communications skills
- Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department
- Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent
- Experience in publicity, talent relations or event planning is a plus
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Fall 2018 Program
- September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.