Turner Broadcasting Business Affairs Coordinator - TNT/tbs in Burbank, California
Posting Job Title Business Affairs Coordinator - TNT/tbs
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Administrative/Clerical
United States - California - Burbank
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
You’ll provide administrative support to an SVP and a VP in Business Affairs, including administrative, clerical and deal support.
What will you be doing?
Administrate support to include:
- Answering phones, maintenance of daily phone log, maintenance of contact lists; managing schedule and calendar (business lunches, meetings, conference calls, etc); filing (includes locating files, storage, maintaining a master list of the files, and management of digital files, maintaining inventory of office supplies and miscellaneous items for the department, other administrative office duties and projects, including, but not limited to, answering phones for other executives in the department on an as-needed basis.
Clerical support to include:
- Maintaining temporary working files for each new project/deal given to the executives, and maintaining the departmental BA files with relevant documents (signed agreements, comments, e-mails, etc.) from various projects; maintaining the chronological file and project binders for both executives; ensuring that the appropriate payroll documentation is sent upon closing of a deal, and follow-up to ensure payments can be processed; sending correspondence on behalf of the executives; internal and external document distribution; drafting cover letters; redlining documents; creating and filing expense reports with corresponding receipts.
Deal support to include:
- Creating charts with information required by the BA executives, deal summaries for above-the-line deals, and tracking charts (for option dates, etc). Needs to have familiarity with short-form contracts, and should be able to review and summarize Business Affairs deal memos and paperwork for identification and tracking of pertinent information and option dates, as well as the back-up of option dates via calendar, etc.
What do we require from you?
- High School completion required, BA degree preferred.
- Familiarity with television business a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Takes initiative and able to work independently
- Takes direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task reporting to 2 executives in Business Affairs
- Able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner
Word and excel proficient But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.