Turner Broadcasting Producer in Beijing, China
Posting Job Title Producer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
China - Beijing
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
CNN is looking for a proactive journalist who is passionate about Asia and would relish the opportunity of becoming a Field Producer based in our Beijing production centre. The successful candidate will be primarily assigned to Asia but may be called upon to cover stories globally.
1. Producing is a key position which requires making editorial decisions, coordinating logistics and overseeing the quality of our news coverage on the ground.
2. This person will oversee live producing, package producing, coordinating breaking news events in the field and working with our security experts to ensure that safety is managed properly.
3. A Producer must also have a strong understanding of digital requirements and be able to produce content to a high standard.
4. Must have strong writing skills. Stories usually require intensive research, vetting appropriate sources for information and often obtaining and clearing video and stills.
5. The length of a Producer's day varies depending on the news agenda and may differ when working in the bureau or on assignment. Field producing is a high-pressure position with many and varied challenges.
6. A CNN Producer may at times be required to work on the newsgathering desk.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent. At least 5 years in the field including demanding, high pressure environments.
- Prior Experience / Industry: Experience managing a variety of newsgathering situations.
- Knowledge: Successful candidates must be able to provide a demonstrable showreel of distinctive and compelling all-platform content -TV and digital.
- Technical and Business: Camera and edit skills would be welcomed but not essential.
- Self-Management: Ensures the quality, speed and accuracy of our storytelling.
- Management and Leadership: Serves as an editorial gatekeeper for the network, ensuring all content adheres to CNN's Standard and Practices guidelines.
- Language: Effective spoken and written communication skills in English and additional Asian language. Chinese language is desirable, but not essential.
- Regional/Country Experience:
- Other Requirements of person: Customer service experience, positive and service oriented attitude
- Self-starter and team player Detail oriented, strong organization skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office products: Excel in particular Must work well under pressure, and in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Must work well individually and within a team.
- Must be open to change in responsibilities and work schedules.
An understanding and interest in technology is essential.