Turner Broadcasting Account Manager in Beijing, China
Posting Job Title Account Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
China - Beijing
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
About CNN International
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.
What part will you play?
CNN has established a strong brand image in China market with fierce competition among internal media brands. Developing the right coverage model and prioritising markets, accounts and sales activities to maximize limited resources are critical for further growth in the region.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Account Director in creating strategic and operational sales plans for the market by providing information on new business potential and growth activities for existing customers.
- Develop the sales plan for the client set detailing the pipeline for each product.
- Gather market information and intelligence to identify future growth areas.
- Partner with various internal groups to develop Account Plans for key clients.
- Liaise with International Ad Sales Operations, Marketing, Editorial & CREATE to bring the best solutions for the clients including an understanding of Sponsorship offerings, and interaction with commercial production for associated materials.
- Work closely with the International Sales Operations team for TV and Digital to manage the smooth booking, running and optimisation of campaigns to meet customer expectations.
- Provide post-campaign summary reports and presentations for the sales process and third-party reps to furnish to their clients and media agencies.
- Verify & process invoices with accounting services team on billing & payment issues throughout the sales process.
Maintain the regional database so it is always up to date. Execution & Results
Achieve the revenue target for all products.
- Develop market confidence by delivering on commitments and exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales forecasts on a rolling 3-month basis and provide updates on accounts by product line.
To produce and disseminate new advertising packages and sponsorship proposals. Developing Professional Capability
Attend relevant conferences, seminars, and other industry events to develop knowledge and network within the online / media industry.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in the media industry to gain early insights into new business opportunities.
Continuously evolve personal and professional capability in line with business needs. What do we require from you?
Experience in print, TV and online advertising media; Government relationship
- Experience in International media;Vertical Marketse.g.Travel, Business, Tech
- Consultative Selling & Negotiation techniques, market research
- Time management and project management skills
- Sales management,Account and opportunity management
- Chinese native speaker, Proficiency in English
- Regional/Country Experience:
- Other Requirements of person
- Building Rapport
- Developing Self & open to learning
- Persuading & Influencing
- Communicating with Impact
- Focusing on Customers
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Structured & organized
Assertive But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands!
- Summer Fridays, End of Year Leave and more!
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company