Turner Broadcasting Turner Studios Edit T3 Trainee in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Turner Studios Edit T3 Trainee
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- An Edit T3 Trainee is an entry level position geared at building the foundation for a career path towards editing in Turner Studios.
- This curriculum is focused on attaining a foundation of knowledge that includes but is not limited to, file delivery and transfers, dub operations, editorial support (i.e. set up and operation of tape rooms, digitizing, QC, etc.), recording feeds to tape or file ingest, requesting stock, and tracking media.
- But it's not all work and no play! T3s will also be able to experience mentorship with some of the top editors in the industry as well as have access to top of the line edit equipment.
- If you eat, sleep, and breathe to be a storyteller and create content, this may be the place for you.
What will you be doing?
- Learn to perform media transfers for incoming session materials - dailies footage, episodes from program library, location or studio shoot footage.
- Carry out file deliveries to external and internal drop locations for client pickup.
- Provide editorial session support by setting up and operating tape rooms as well as pull clips and edit footage for editors or producers.
- Perform routing, patching, and QC using scopes and/or automated QC processes.
- Monitor playback and record decks.
- Perform dub operations by integrating use of scopes, frame syncs, format conversion gear, or encoding tools as well as tape decks to generate clones and dubs on both physical media or file formats.
- Track physical and digital media used in session and traffic dubs.
- Make sure adequate stock is on hand for daily use.
- Help assist editors by clipping, sub-mastering, organizing content, etc.
- May have the opportunity to create and cut content for partners such as Cartoon, TBS, TNT, TCM, Sports, and more!
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Strong communicator
- High attention to detail
- Customer Service Skill a must
- Passion for post editorial work, storyteller, a dreamer
- Must know Adobe Premiere
- After Effects skills a plus
- Providing a demo with your resume ideal
T3 Trainee Program
- The Turner Trainee Team (T3) program is designed for recent college graduates who have a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
- Trainees will be selected to receive a hands-on learning experience for 11 months in Turner's leading divisions.
- All T3's must be no more than 2 years post-graduation from an accredited university.
- This program is paid, with benefits.
- Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.