Turner Broadcasting Technical Manager - Mobile Apps in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Technical Manager - Mobile Apps
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
This is an exciting position for a leading global news provider. The Technical Manager ensures technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring as well as direct management of 5-10 developers. The Technical Manager partners with other technologists, Product and Project Management, to deliver on product initiatives and operational execution. The Technical Manager offers expert recommendations for tools, strategies, best practices and software lifecycle processes and solutions to help create, enable and support delivery of solutions. The Technical Manager also performs hands-on development and troubleshooting as needed.
What will you be doing?
- Provide technical leadership in support of CNN application products, which includes our mobile and/or video applications.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
- Provide management oversight to Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product and Editorial teams
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture. Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities. Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Drive for strategy and technology planning
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains.
- Actively mentor applications development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry What do we require from you?
BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
- More than 5 years development experience in mobile or video technologies including Java, Android, Objective C, Swift or C++.
- More than 1 year directly managing a team of development resources
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture. Demonstrated ability to successfully perform software developer role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom applications across the development life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and translating product requirements into technical designs
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of installed application delivery
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of n-tier and microservices-based software development
- Experience performing troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and delivery of solutions for large-scale web sites
- Experience integrating third party services and components on a consumer-facing web site
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred
Active participant in industry events (publish articles, present at conferences) But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.