Turner Broadcasting Technical Lead - International Data Cloud Team in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Technical Lead - International Data Cloud Team
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Big Data/Analytics
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
We are seeking a Technical Data Lead to work on our Architecture and Development team that supports the development and implementation of the Turner Data Cloud International initiative. The Lead will partner with other team members, lead small team to ensure that we bring together all the consumer data assets together in one place in our Turner Data Cloud platform and make this data accessible to our Business users for analysis and action. The lead will work with global teams across Turner International for understanding and delivering data needs. The business goal is to leverage TURNER's data assets to create modeling solutions for audience targeting, experience personalization and subscription management. The ideal candidate should bring a very good working knowledge of various Big Data technologies, Database Development and Data Integration along with experience working on a public cloud platform such as AWS or Azure.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 7+ years solid experience as a database developer in OLAP environments
- Expertise in working with Linux environments
- Experience with Unix Shell Script, Awk, Python
- Experience with Social media data (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter) using API would be big plus
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Expertise in database platforms such as RDBMS or NOSQL platforms
- Expert level knowledge of SQL; knowledge of Hadoop platforms such as EMR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Qubole would be plus.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and it's variants such as HiveQL, Spark SQLa plus
- Experience with "big data" platforms such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud-based tools such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Knowledge and working experience with AWS preferred
- Working with Real time data and tools such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis … a big plus
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs - Specific application experience with media, Web Analytics and consumer data systems a plus
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Looker would be plus
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.