Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - TDC Consumer Analytics Data Scientist in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - TDC Consumer Analytics Data Scientist
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
Turner Data Cloud, Consumer Analytics Team develops and executes consumer level analytical solutions enabled by Turner Data Cloud data. Consumer Analytics team partners with TURNER’s brands and businesses to leverage Turner’s data assets to create modeling solutions for audience targeting, experience personalization and subscription management.
What will you be doing?
- Creating consumer audience models to drive advertising sales
- Developing predictive modeling solutions to target audiences interested in TURNER programming and product adoption
Mining extensive TDC database to craft consumer profiles that inform brand marketing decisions
Interpreting data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Building reports and dashboards
- Performing ad hoc analyses and data extraction requests
What do we require from you?
Currently enrolled in a bachelor program in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics or closely related field.
Strong communication skills. The ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights, and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in one or more of the following: R, Python, Scala, SQL, Hive
- Basic understanding of statistical and data mining concepts and procedures including: regression, machine learning algorithms, and experimental design
- Ability to quickly absorb and synthesize business strategies & processes
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.