Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Machine Learning in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Machine Learning
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Cloud Architecture team aligns platform operations, architecture, and technology with the goals of the business, in order to facilitate Turner’s move to cloud computing. Provides overarching architecture, vendor strategy, account management, networking, and other practices and patterns to ensure the success of project teams' deployments for multiple cloud providers focuses on helping teams understand how to build and optimize applications that fully leverage cloud services.
What will you be doing?
- Run various experiments to discover new and interesting ways to leverage ML at Turner.
- Diving deep into the various cloud-based ML offerings such as Google’s Cloud ML and Vision API, Tensorflow, Amazon ML, and Microsoft’s Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- Build and present various prototypes to your fellow team members and other technical team membersat Turner.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree majoring in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Strong scientific programming in Python, R, or Matlab; experience with TensorFlow, scikit-learn, and public cloud a plus.
- Sense of ownership of his/her work, working well both independently and within a small collaborativeteam.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.