Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Information Security Tools Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Information Security Tools Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Information Security Office is responsible for the ensuring the Cyber Security of Turner’s infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
- Engineering and integration of security tools and solutions designed to protect Turner
- Build scripts and integrate security tools to enable Security Operations, Content Protection and various other security initiatives
- Leverage APIs – including YouTube, AWS and various other software suites
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field
- Ability to script / code
- Strong problem-solving capability
- Ability to take requirements from end-users and engineer and deliver solutions
- Detail oriented and a sound understanding of data management and manipulation (regex, etc.)
- Passion for tools engineering or desire to get into information security, content security, piracy protection
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.