Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Functional Programmer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Functional Programmer
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
- CNN’s BEST META (Media Enabled Technology and Architecture) group develops, maintains and manages complex enterprise production software systems that support CNN’s global newsgathering and video production workflows.
- Teams typically work on applications in areas such as video acquisition and editing, media management, election graphics, show production, news story creation, and much more.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to helpbuild and enhanceenterprise softwareapplications related to media management and newsroom workflows. This includes:
- Assistingthe team in developing micro-services for use within a complex enterprise production environment
- Applyingfunctionaland object-oriented concepts tosoftware design and development
- UtilizingRESTful architecture and design principlestoimplementREST-based APIcalls
- Usingcontinuous deployment tools and applicationsincludingGit, Jenkins,Chef,Grunt, NPM, Mocha, Jasmine
- Working with relational databases (Oracle) and document-based databases (MongoDB)
- Buildingand deployingapplications into the cloud using Amazon Web Services
- Workingon an Agile Scrum development team on various enterprise production applications
- Participatingin scrum activities including sprint planning, design, sprint execution, development, and team retrospectives
What do we require from you?
- Must be currentlyenrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems,ComputerEngineering or a related technicalfield
- Must be available to work20hours perweek
- Comfortable workingin acollaborative team environmentusing agile development practices
- Familiarity withobject-oriented and/or functionalparadigms.
- Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.