Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - [Emerging Technology] Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - [Emerging Technology] Software Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
Emerging Technology Department:
- We are a team of developers working on core Turner technologies that can be used across all Turner business.
- We are working on an exciting new project called Re-imagine TV.
- We work with new and upcoming consumer devices to ensure they can play our video content.
What will you be doing?
- We are preparing for how the next generation of Turner’s millions of users will consume their news and entertainment, be it from the comfort of their living rooms or traveling on the go.
- In order tomeet the demand for this dynamic and exciting segment, our software development team is growing.
- This is an amazing opportunity for a skilled developer like yourself that wants to work on the latest streaming technologies has an established background in development and design.
- Our environment is unique. Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed. Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes. It takes a special type of person to thrive here, but if all that sounds interesting to you, read on.
What do we require from you?
- You're resourceful and creative.
- Nothing is more satisfying than solving that difficult problem and you love to bring new ways to tackle an issue, even if it goes against popular opinion or the way things have been done before. You're not afraid to inject some reality when needed but offer alternative solutions, not excuses. You don't know the meaning of "blocked."
- You talk good.We work with a myriad of third party vendors and internal groups to prototype and develop next generation technology for our customers. Your exceptional communication skills and attention to detail ensure your team is well represented and everyone understands what is expected.
- You're an Agile ninja.You believe in Scrum and iterating quickly, turning ideas into deployable code while always thinking about ways to improve performance, squash old bugs, and just making anything we deliver better for our customers. Things move fast here, and if changes come down the pipe, you handle them with grace and creativity.
- You play nice with others.We work closely together as a team with our product, design and development teams to help turn their dreams into reality. You'll review code, pair program, and provide feedback using your great communication skills and attention to detail to ensure your team understands what is expected and that we deliver on time and up to (and above) expectations. You got this.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.