Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Business Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - Business Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Technology Analysis + Development Team partners with the organization to develop and implement strategic programs and initiatives designed to acquire, develop, and retain technical talent. Our goal is to have fun while providing a valuableservice to our colleagues.
What will you be doing?
The Business Analyst will be a part ofour Technology Skills Analysis +Development team and will helpsupportour technical talent strategy by gathering requirements, conducting research, presenting proposed solutions, participating in projectimplementations,and assessingoutcomes. The perfect candidate will have a passion for technology and education (hence the jargon “EdTech”), and hopefully this describes you!
In addition, ourBA will:
- Partner with technologists in the organization to identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that enhance the organization's skills, performance, productivity and quality of work
- Support an overall technology training and development plan that addresses the needs and expectations of the tech roadmap
- Collaborate with technical managers for training needs
- Researchtechnology trends to ensure competitive advantage for the training program
- Audit a wide variety of training methods
- Monitor and evaluate training program's effectiveness and successes
- Assist with developing process flowsand communication to key groups
- Create and execute a digital communication strategy to engage technologists fortraining
What do we require from you?
- Pursuing a Bachelors orMastersdegree in a technical or relevant field
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel,PowerPoint,and SharePoint)
- Experience with the Adobe Suite of tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Familiarity withdataanalysis and reporting for presentations
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent technical, communication and leadership skills
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.