Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2018 Intern - [ADAq] Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2018 Intern - [ADAq] Software Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV , and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists (similar to what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Audience Data Acquisition (ADAq) team, as part of MSS core services, supports all of Turner’s digital properties around our data vendor implementations. ADAq’s responsibilities include analytics data capture quality assurance testing (manual, automated, real time monitoring, auditing) & analytics data capture code development (web, mobile, apps, connected devices, video).
What will you be doing?
- The software developer intern will primarily be involved with the Trinity Project, building out our next generation requirement gathering application.
- They will learn about our software development, testing and quality assurance of Turner's digital products & analytics instrumentations.
- The intern would support and learn from Dev/QA professionals who are proficient in the methodical process of testing web sites and internet and mobile applications, with a focus on the proper implementation and function of web analytics software solutions.
What do we require from you?
- Must be at least a sophomore currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Must be available to work 20 hours a week
- Education in the field of Software Development methods and best practices
- Experience with bug tracking software
- Familiarity with AWS / Cloud Architecture platforms
- Passion for playing games and discovering issues
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 21, 2018 – December 7, 2018. All interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.