Turner Broadcasting Systems Engineer II, BEST ENG-Core Systems in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Systems Engineer II, BEST ENG-Core Systems
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Systems Engineer is a member of the infrastructure operational technical team and is proficient in common system administration technologies (Microsoft RDP, SSH, scripting, etc.). This position will focus heavily on general system administration tasks, especially system patching, new system rollout, etc. This engineer will work heavily with other CSI staff to ensure the needs of the BEST organization are being met.
Internal code: BEST META IO TIS CSI
What will you be doing?
- Frequently assists with large projects under the guidance of senior staff
- Is a member of the department with final ownership of infrastructure incident escalations within several IT-leaning ITIL Service areas
- Automates solutions for common problems via scripting
- Assist with automating several manual functions to reduce the workload and simplify the required skillsets for staff in other parts of the support organization
What do we require from you?
- 2+ years experience in general system administration
- 1+ years in an enterprise or campus minimal-downtime environment
- 1+ years experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (perl, python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer interactions
- Availability to be on-call as needed
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands
- 1+ years experience with VMware experience with system patching tools
- Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking) highly desirable
- Experience with Service Now Red Hat, Microsoft or similar certifications a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.