Turner Broadcasting Systems Engineer I in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Systems Engineer I
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
Turner's Content Supply Chain technology enables business units to acquire externally produced content and prepares it for distribution via linear broadcast and digital platforms. This Systems Engineer I is a member of the senior operational technical team and is an expert in supporting business critical systems that provide the ability to receive, manage, view and deliver electronic and physical content (SD & HD) for Entertainment and News. - This professional provides expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 news and entertainment production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security, in addition to acting as a lead and/or mentor to other technical staff. -
* This is a Monday-Friday, nine to five type role with on-call responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- Frequent work on large projects in planning, execution and documentation phases in an Agile, DevOps context
- Provides system admin level tasks on the Supply Chain Media Asset Management systems. This includes adding new users, customizing pull-down menus, troubleshooting system issues, making some stability and feature enhancements, etc.
- Works closely with developers on specifying and testing major new features
- Creates knowledgebase articles for remediation of issues
What do we require from you?
- 1+ years of experience supporting Microsoft .NET 3.5 based applications in a multi-user context
- Experience with our current technical stack is a plus: Aspera, Telestream, Amberfin, Baton, Rhozet, Javelin, Extreme Reach, Zabbix, Nagios, and MS SQL server
- 3+ years experience in systems administration
- 5+ years overall IT experience desired
- 2+ years in an enterprise minimal-downtime environment
- 1+ years experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (PowerShell preferred; Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash, etc.; batch does not count)
- Experience with JSON, XML, RESTful APIs
- Expert-level skills with Microsoft Server; decent with Linux
- Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking, etc.) highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework highly desirable
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and analytics
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, esp. in the realm of complex system troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer/executive interactions
- Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists
- Demonstrated self-starter with capacity for working independently
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands
- This is an internal customer facing position so good people skills are required
Internal code: mASG
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.