Turner Broadcasting Sr Systems/Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Sr Systems/Software Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The CNN Digital Development group, which builds and supports the Content Management System (CMS) and its underlying services that are used by CNN and its affiliates is looking for a strong senior systems/software developer who understands how to operate at scale while leveraging modern web based technologies such as node.js, react, MEAN/MERN stack, caching, cloud, and devops. While Turner is a large company, we are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for us to work with the latest leading-edge technologies and cloud based platforms.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Systems/Software Developer, you will be responsible for
- Building highly scalable and highly available (or "Webscale") RESTful apps used for search and retrieval of content from large datasets
- Working with CNN and CNN subsidiaries to provide a solid and stable solution to meet the demands of one of the largest news organizations in the world
- Providing consistency across work breakdown and estimation so that the team can maintain a sustainable pace of development while also allowing for good forecasting
- Mentoring a sharp and motivated team of developers to help raise the bar for team who is already excellent
- Lending guidance towards software development best practices, such as fully automated testing, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, and devops
What do we require from you?
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience building RESTful query, and search API's that are highly scalable and highly available using node.js
- 2-4 years of experience with advanced UI frameworks building front end user tools with React
- Experience building and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Working with cloud based services, such as AWS, GCP
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills to tackle software development, architecture and devops challenges
- Agile/DevOps - Scaling, caching, and microservices preferred
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack' preferred
- Solid knowledge of Linux tools and usage preferred
- Docker, Docker-compose preferred
- Self-starter, knows how to work around dead ends, can pick something up on the fly
- Experience working in an Agile environment (ceremonies such as daily stand ups, workshops, retrospectives, sprint planning)
- Must love change and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Jira or similar defect tracking system
- Strong communication skills
- Able to easily collaborate with peers and customers
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- You don't know everything about software development, but you want to learn as much as possible
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.