Turner Broadcasting Sr Systems/Software Developer- BleacherReport Live in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Sr Systems/Software Developer- BleacherReport Live
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
BleacherReport Live, a new live sports video streaming service, is seeking Sr Systems/Software Developer who has full-stack experience in modern web based technologies. While Turner is a large company, we are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for us to work with the latest leading-edge technologies and cloud-based platforms. This is an amazing opportunity for a skilled Senior Systems/Software Developer who wants to experience a career with a collaborative team that is spearheading innovation with all of the amazing benefits offered by a 2017 LinkedIn Top Company. Projects include developing and scaling APIs, cloud automation, ecommerce, streaming video, and live scoring - all within rigorous scale, availability, and ISO standards. The primary technology stack is MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js) on AWS.
What will you be doing?
- Full stack web development in MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js)
- Web performance optimization with a constant eye towards reliability, scale, and performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a part in the Agile process for planning, estimating, and execution.
- Brainstorm creative solutions to business requirements.
- Code in accordance with industry best practices and participate in the code review process, mentoring other developers and documentation.
- Deliver bug free and efficient code and write unit tests against logic.
- Support and maintenance of production application, with on-call support as-needed.
What do we require from you?
- Node.js and experience with a framework such as Express.
- Strong understanding of web services and standards (AJAX, JWT, JSON, local storage, etc.)
- Large-scale database experience using No-SQL, preferably with MongoDB
- Front end styling and templating (HTML, SASS/CSS).
- Git Version Control.
- Unit testing and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with AWS and Cloud technologies.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills. Good to haves
- Degree in computer science or related field, 5+ years' experience in software engineering or equivalent work experience
- Docker / Containerization
- Experience with RESTful API's
- GraphQL / database experience
- Ruby on Rails
- Automated build tools - Jenkins / CircleCI
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.