Turner Broadcasting Sr Software Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Sr Software Developer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
Do you want to work in a cutting-edge development team? Come to CNN Digital! We have a position available for a software developer with full stack web development experience. You will get to work with a stellar cross functional team focused on continuous delivery in an Agile environment.
What will you be doing?
- Full stack web development; focusing on component based development in React and contributing to shared repository of components.
- Integration with internal publishing systems, code utilities and services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and play a part in the Agile process for planning, estimating, and execution.
- Serve as a tech lead on a delivery team as needed to provide guidance on technical solutions.
- Brainstorm implementation ideas and solutions around business requirements.
- Code in accordance with industry best practices and participate in the code review process, mentoring other developers and documentation.
Deliver bug free and efficient code and write unit tests against logic. What do we require from you?
- NodeJS and experience with a framework such as Express.
- Front end styling and templating
- HTML, SASS/CSS.
- Git Version Control and working knowledge of the Github Flow model.
- Unit and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with AWS and Cloud technologies.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
Be a coach to other developers in your orbit Good to haves
Degree in computer science or related field, 5+ years’ experience in software engineering or equivalent work experience
- Docker / Containerization
- Experience with RESTful API's
- GraphQL / database experience
- Automated build tools - CircleCI / Codeship
- D3.js / Data Visualization
- Leaflet / Mapbox / Google Maps experience
Last, but most important is our team ethos. Take a read and if the above is your skill set and the below are your values then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Exhibit positivity
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Don’t Take Ourselves Too Seriously; Have Fun
- Act now, don’t hesitate
- Own our destiny
- Don’t let people down—including ourselves
- Achieve and celebrate success together
- Push forward, fail up
- Ask questions, challenge assumptions
- Quality is job one
- Good ideas flow all ways
- Communication is what the listener does
- Respect goes in all directions
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.