Turner Broadcasting Sr Pen Tester, Red Team in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Sr Pen Tester, Red Team
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Other
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Red teaming can trace its lineage back to ancient warfare. Forces would test and refine their defenses to detect and remove weakness, and study adversary tactics to improve defensive strategies. Become part of a team that embraces this concept to adapt and improve cyber security to keep ahead of current real world threats.
Join a goal-oriented team assessing systems and networks using both automated and manual processes. The SR Pen Tester will be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment and affectively identify critical vulnerabilities, analyze and categorize threat vectors, and enhance defensive strategies to mitigate risk. You will work in a challenging environment that combines technical security operations talent with global business expertise to deliver industry-leading IT security services all while performing cutting-edge research as part of innovative team.
What will you be doing?
- Observe IT operations to identify security deficiencies and develop assessment plans that represent threats in-order to fully test and improve cyber security postures.
- Assist with planning and development of goal-oriented or scenario based assessment plans
- Recognize, understand, and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
- Conduct security testing manually and with automated tools, including exploitation and leveraging of access within multiple networks and environments based on areas of expertise.
- Conduct pre-assessment site surveys,cybersecurity engineering and architecture review, and document any deviations or updates found
- Collaborate with team members to produce technical reports and deliver briefings in a concise understandable manner
- Continuously research emerging techniques, counter-measures, and trends in exploitation and analysis
What do we require from you?
- 7+ years of experience in an enterprise IT environment, with at least 3 years experience in cyber security
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels is a must. Should be an emerging expert in one or more of the following areas; Server Operating Systems, Networking, Virtualization Platforms and Cloud Computing, or Enterprise Databases and Data Center Infrastructure
- Experience with Shell scripting required: Bash/PowerShell, Python/Perl
- Experience with penetration testing frameworks and toolsets such as Kali Linux, Metasploit, CANVAS, Burp, Nessus, Nexpose, Social Engineering Toolkit, etc.
- Experience conducting hand-on security testing past automated tools, including full exploitation and leveraging of access within various networks, environments, and operating systems
- Know how to obfuscate exploit code, bypass AV, and mimic adversarial threats
- Thorough experience and knowledge of the kill chain or other attack or penetration testing standard such as OWASP top 10, PTES, or NIST 800-115
- OSCP, OSCE, CPTE, WAPT, SANS Penetration Certification, or equivalent penetration or offensive cyber training; this may be commercial, federal, or military cyber training
- Although candidate must be able to work alone he/she must also be able to work with a small team and be able to communicate affectively to leadership, technical experts, and teams of various backgrounds and skill levels
- Enthusiasm for security and a passion for hand-on training and experience in emerging technology
- Ability to travel regularly to other locations within and outside of the US (30% minimum)
- Experience with assembly languages and system/code level reverse engineering preferred
- Experience with digital forensics preferred
- Experience with physical security assessments preferred
- Security tool development preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.