Turner Broadcasting Sr Marketing Manager - tbs in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Sr Marketing Manager - tbs
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Creative Digital/Interactive Media Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
This position supports the development of Brand Marketing campaigns for TBS original series. The primary function of this position is to act as a brand manager for new and ongoing network initiatives and assist the larger team in executing 360 integrated marketing campaigns for key priorities like Conan, Search Party, The Guest Book and new original launches.
This includes, but is not limited to: drafting promotional strategy, informing media placements, developing cross-platform creative, innovating on consumer activations/promotions and leading communication on day-to-day marketing activities.
Additionally, this position serves as an internal liaison with various internal and external business units and partners to support each program.
What will you be doing?
- Create focused, innovative consumer campaigns that are best in class and drive tune-in to our original series
- Craft creative briefs for internal constituents, media platforms, promotional partners and external creative agencies
- Collaborate with the entire network, including Brand Creative, Social Media, Digital Platforms, Turner Media Group, Operations, PR, Research, Development and Programming to ensure that campaign tactics are on-brand and executed flawlessly
- Drive day-to-day marketing efforts for campaign, from spearheading multiplatform creative to accommodating internal/MPVD partners to analyzing marketing effectiveness to communicating media deadlines
- Plan, budget and execute promotions, activations, festival screenings, etc. to further push program to targeted audiences
- Set messaging/communication narratives for a variety of placements including campaign pulse points, on-air promotion, experiential promotions, partnerships, etc.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the marketing department by offering new and innovative ideas and approaches to meet marketing objectives
- Own the project management of a series, driving and tracking timelines and deliverables
- Be fluent in the details as well as the big picture strategy for a campaign; have a strong comedic sense of view
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- 5-8 years of experience in consumer marketing, strategy, media, advertising, marketing research, media or entertainment; agency experience a plus
- A familiarity with TV ratings and media math (GRPs, reach/frequency, etc.)
- Strong track record of managing the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns including media plans, promotions and partnerships (PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop skills preferred)
- A passion for marketing, entertainment and culture trends o Strong communication skills
- An aptitude for creative thinking Core Competencies; ability to successfully manage the launch of TV series through 360 marketing plans
- A creative problem solver who can construct a point of view from insights and provide thought leadership on campaign initiatives
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell an idea to both management and peer groups
- Understands the essence of what connects consumers to entertainment brands and how to translate that connection into campaigns that create demand
- Has a native understanding of social and digital media, but believes in telling stories through great ideas regardless of the medium
- Understands marketing results and real-time data to adjust campaigns and iterate with relevant creative/tactics
- A collaborative, relationship-building working style
- A self-starter who can manage multiple projects with shifting timelines and many executional details
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.