Turner Broadcasting SR BIT Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title SR BIT Engineer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including[adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports– which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires an expert level of understanding as it pertains to technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance, installation in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment. In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
- Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
- Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation, server based playback and transmission systems, etc.)
An in-depth knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
**We operate in a 24/7 production environment. * Shift work on a rotating schedule may be necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- Collaborating with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments
- Coach or lead other teammates and is also depended on to provide recommendations to the leadership team
- Provide facility-based support- however, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities
- Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team. Turner BEST teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes
- Adhering to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers; including documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s)
- We expect our Senior BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service
- Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers
- 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training)
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking
- Typically 10 or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level
- Demonstrates experience with television or multimedia production workflows
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
- Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Ability to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.