Turner Broadcasting Senior Graphic Designer, CNN Creative Marketing in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Graphic Designer, CNN Creative Marketing
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN Creative Marketing is looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer. As a Sr. Graphic Designer within the CNN Creative Marketing group, your primary focus will be to create innovative, effective and arresting design that builds brands to support our on-air initiatives and overall marketing goals. At this level of the design discipline, you are comfortable designing across platforms including motion design, print, ooh, digital and social and are familiar with all aspects of the design and production process. You think broadly about the how your designs contribute to the larger brand identity of your assigned properties.
The Sr. Graphic Designer will be part of a team responsible for building and marketing a select portfolio of CNN brands. The designer will work collaboratively with the creative team to develop concepts, create style frames and comps, story boards, motion tests and finished motion graphics and Print/OOH mechanicals. The Sr. Designer is expected to animate and composite graphics for some of their projects and oversee post/compositing sessions and other contracted design work as required. The Sr. Designer is also expected to stay abreast of industry trends, new practices, design/production tools and advertising platforms. This individual must be an experienced problem solver with the ability to understand editorial storytelling, marketing strategy and to translate conceptual ideas into creative solutions. It is also important for this person to be comfortable articulating their design concepts to other marketing team members and be comfortable in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven work environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for design, marketing, news and entertainment.
- BA/BS or BFA/MFA degree in graphic design, animation or relevant experience;
- 7+ years experience as a key member of motion design team.
- Strong conceptual and motion design background pertaining to typography, color theory, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Design experience working with rapid conceptualization and delivery times.
- Ability to clearly articulate design rationale and present visual design work;
- Strong motion design/production portfolio required.
- Senior level knowledge of: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A good understanding of compositing techniques, digital platforms - web, mobile, etc., are preferred.
- The successful candidate will also be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow yourcareer
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.