Turner Broadcasting Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Financial Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
This position exists to prepare and provide accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting and planning support to the News division. The Senior Financial Analyst supports the News LOB Director in providing objective accounting and financial analysis by having an understanding of the industry and business strategies, and an in-depth knowledge of the company's accounting and financial processes. The Senior Financial Analyst is an active liaison between News Finance and Financial Business Services. Financial Reporting and Analysis.
What will you be doing?
- Monthly consolidated financial reporting and analysis
- Assist in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages
- Cash flow consolidation and variance analysis (Actual, Forecast and Budget)
- Assist in preparation of monthly Actual Package report
- Responsibility over CFR and SOX compliance-related deliverables
- Participate in Functional, Business Unit and Segment Close meetings (including presentation of BU results)
- Capital cash flow and depreciation forecasting and reporting
- Assist with segment Budget consolidation and presentation activities, as well as CFR deliverables Management Reporting and Special Projects
- Assist in preparation of Finance and CNNWW executive scorecards
- Oversight of management requests for data and analysis spanning multiple functional finance and accounting areas
- Special projects and focused analysis relating to process improvement initiatives and reporting efficiency initiatives across Finance and Accounting
- Management of News Target process
- Ad hoc News-wide reporting and analysis (savings initiatives, headcount, others)
- Collaboration with Finance and Accounting teams to challenge and refine existing processes (especially in areas that impact Line of Business)
- Oversight responsibilities over admin activities such as monthly close calendar, alternate hierarchy maintenance, chartfield action requests
- Cross-training, process documentation and goal-setting
What do we require from you?
- Minimum four years accounting and/or finance experience involving forecasting and budgeting with at least two years of experience in a role with demonstrated strong analytical, organization and technical skills.
- Advanced analytical skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications and Hyperion Essbase or a similar application.
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, leadership, strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple deliverables and priorities.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.