Turner Broadcasting Senior Assignment Editor in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Assignment Editor
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
What will you be doing?
This position is responsible for managing assignments for the CNN Digital News Desk, a breaking news and enterprise team of writers and editors who cover domestic and international news topics for CNN's digital platforms.
- Responsible for the big picture, long range planning of editorial content ▪Global oversight on assignments
- Manage special projects/assignments
- Conceptualize, create, develop, manage and edit content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social and apps
- Determines the editorial "voice" ensuring that they meet, or it meets, the overall editorial direction set for the site(s)
- Guides the development of stories from start to finish
- Reviews and improves stories to ensure coverage is thorough and competitive ▪Achieves established editorial goals and deadlines and mentors others to do the same
- Allocates available resources to meet objectives
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management/customers/vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
Develops and maintains relationships with editorial and creative talent as well as own sources Directly manages a team; assigns work, provide guidance and handles people aspects such as recruitment, performance management, development, etc. What do we need from you?
Typically has 8 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- College Degree or equivalent industry experience
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.