Turner Broadcasting Senior Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Senior Accountant
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What will you be doing?
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting for revenue activities.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Analyze, complete and communicate detailed variance analyses.
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting.
- Review and understand revenue contract terms and conditions.
- Research accounting issues and recommend treatment on these transactions. Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services (ABS) and stakeholders.
What do we require from you?
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance. o Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.