Turner Broadcasting Project Manager, BEST Engineering in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Project Manager, BEST Engineering
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division ofWarnerMediaalong with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT,tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
BEST Engineering is Turner's engineering function that delivers broadcast technology services to all of our brands, manages broadcast and studio technology investments for our U.S. networks, and provides international engineering for our news networks. In addition, BEST supports Turner's file based production workflows for Entertainment, News, and Sports from content creation to distribution. The Project Manager will be an experienced professional with a full understanding of technical and operational project manager who resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
What will you be doing?
- Guides multi-disciplinary technology and operational teams in the achievement of project objectives
- Facilitates team information and work flow
- Effectively manages risks throughout the project lifecycle
- Coordinates and tracks technology and operational project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- Develops and documents technical and operational project schedules, milestones and budgets for team
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Serves as key contact with project team members to resolve project resource conflicts
- Documents and effectively manages scope throughout the project lifecycle
- Develops, documents, and actively manages technical project schedules
- Creates, tracks, and manages budgets for team
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function
What do we require from you?
- 3-5 years direct Project Management experience in a technical environment
- PMP desired
- Knowledge of the Agile Scrum process
- Familiarity with JIRA helpful
- Ability to set and defend clear project roles and responsibility boundaries
- Experience managing through influence rather than direct managerial responsibility
- Ability to maneuver through political situations effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; articulates information well across larger audiences
- Willingness to exert discretionary effort
- Personal commitment to project success
- Open to process improvement suggestions and may experiment with taking on incremental improvements
- Understands stakeholder needs and communicate the same to project team members
- Ability to secures cooperation of key resources
- Works hard and often complies to every incoming request to secure key resources
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.