Turner Broadcasting Product Manager, Web Video - CNN Digital in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Product Manager, Web Video - CNN Digital
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Product Management
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- As a Product Manager, you will be a member of the world class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe.
- The Global Web Video Product Manager will manage the development of new and existing products that exceeds and anticipates the needs of consumers while contributing materially too CNN Digital's business goals.
- This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role that collaborates with key stakeholders responsible for a portfolio of best-in-class experiences across products like live video (unauthenticated), video on demand (VOD), time-shifted, interactive, related video content, audio and video podcast, video personalization. All of these parts of the portfolio focus on web (cnn.com) and open web (AMP, AMP Stories, etc.).
- Specifically, you will be the product lead on one of several internal start-ups within the Core News on Web space that includes product, tech, design, delivery, editorial and research. Your team will be empowered and accountable for creating the product strategy, idea pipeline, product plan/roadmap, and, ultimately, delivery for our web video products.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for delivering the right products and features that solve impactful audience and business problems, aligned to our portfolio goals. - You will be the product lead on a cross-functional leadership team empowered to create ideas, plans and then deliver against product goals
- Reinforcing a team culture of autonomy, transparency, urgency, iterative evolution, data-influence decisions, inspired ideation, candid communication and accountability.
- Work with your next level manager and business stakeholders to articulate a product vision and roadmap
- Provide on-the-ground leadership of the activities required to bring products to fruition, including the management of an agile development process.
- Author user stories, lead sprint planning, manage feature prioritization and identify delivery dependencies
- Communicate status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to your next level manager, leadership team and partner teams as needed
- Coordinate and manage activities related to product launch
- Track and manage performance of launched product and consumer feedback. Understand performance of your product against stated objectives and goals.
- Keep abreast of trends, business and technology developments within your product domain and make recommendations for the product roadmap.
- Experience with building and launching high-successful, commercial products that leverage large-scale digital video playout systems (CDNs, encoding, video delivery, ad placement, ad delivery, measurement, analytics, data integrity, closed captioning, video player technologies, etc.).
Fundamental understanding of long- and short-form VOD, live streaming content, authenticated and non-authenticated content. "TV Everywhere" business models and technical systems understanding, and experience is nice-to-have. What do we need from you?
2+ years of experience building consumer-facing, multi-platform, multi-media digital products
- Ability to articulate product ideas or features through story-boarding
- Ability to create functional requirement documentation that enable an agile development process
- Ability and comfort leading as a coach via influence vs. authority.
- Functional understanding of technologies and the role they play in the delivery of digital consumer news products
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver your product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company or industry - Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.