Turner Broadcasting Product Manager - Programmatic Advertising in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Product Manager - Programmatic Advertising
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The MSS Digital Ads team works with vendors, Turner brands, and Ad Sales to deliver and manage technical platforms that allow for monetization of our websites and applications. We deliver and maintain both internally and externally developed digital ad sales applications, manage vendor relationships and configure platforms associated with selling and serving ads across our digital portfolio. Turner continues to evolve our selling strategies to more efficiently monetize our digital sites through indirect sales channels that use various programmatic platforms. Turner is also adopting and implementing ad impression viewability measurement standards across the digital portfolio and improving audience measurement and targeting capabilities.
What will you be doing?
This role will work directly with internal and external constituents to implement and maintain programmatic, viewability, and audience targeting initiatives.
- Use knowledge of digital ads sales industry and ad serving technologies to proactively configure, deploy and maintain programmatic digital ad demand sources as identified by Programmatic Operations teams.
- Integrate programmatic sources in a flexible way that will allow Turner to easily add, remove or mix partners as needed.
- Work with Programmatic Operations and Ad Sales to ensure programmatic initiatives are communicated throughout the organization to prevent sales channel conflict.
- Work with Turner site and app brand contacts to ensure programmatic initiatives are communicated and understood.
- Take ownership of requirements gathering and implementation across multiple project teams driving initial implementation, integration, and launch of viewable ad impression measurement across digital platforms, including desktop display, mobile and video.
- Work with Ad Sales Research, Yield Management and Ad Sales to continue to deploy and refine digital audience measurement technologies from Nielsen and Comscore (OCR & vCE).
- Assist in supporting and maintaining Data Management Platform and Turner audience segment management and integration with display (DFP) and video (FreeWheel MRM) ad servers.
What do we require from you?
- Experience with technical infrastructure required to sell and serve digital ads across multiple ad platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of programmatic demand source management in digital ad ecosystem
- Knowledge of digital ad viewability standards and measurement guidelines.
- Knowledge of digital audience measurement technologies and platforms from Nielsen and Comscore.
- Experience with digital Data Management Platforms.
- Four years combined technical and functional business experience, with a minimum of two years Information Technology experience
- Hands on experience configuring data in ad servers and using digital ad sales applications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform analysis, support, training, reporting, testing, and project management across multiple, complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications
- Analytical, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills with ability to influence matrixed resources, cross-functional teams, and third party partners
- Proficient skills using MS Office suite
Desirable Requirements include:
- Knowledge of Google DFP and FreeWheel MRM
- Turner business knowledge
- Experience in Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience trafficking digital ad assets for publishers
- Limited travel to meet with business units in NY will be done as necessary (e.g. quarterly)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.