Turner Broadcasting Producer, CNN Sports in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Producer, CNN Sports
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Sports Producer is a multi-faceted position that will service various clients across the company. Clients include CNN, CNNI, HLN, and/or CNN digital.
- The Sports Producer is responsible for creatingBleacher Report branded sports newssegments that air within CNN and HLN morning and weekend programming.
- This producer is responsible for story selection, story treatment and overall execution of sponsored segments that air live on CNN Early Start, CNN New Day and HLN Morning Express
- Responsibilities include editorial decision making in the way of story selection within sports segments,writing sports scripts, creating banners, basic rundown timing, pitching CNN appropriate angles on sports stories, package script writing and package producing.script writing, and working closely with sports and network talent.
This position reports to the CNN Sports Senior Editorial Director and will work closely with Executive Producers and editorial counterparts across CNN Networks. Additional Duties May Include……
Line producing - Coordinating coverage & assignments around breaking sports news
- Deciding editorial treatment and presentation of stories for tv and digital
- Producing video pieces for digital- Calls to professional teams/organizations for information- Field producing during major sports events
- * The work schedule for this position will include overnight hours, weekends and holidays. Flexibility is a must.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years production
- Digital video production experience
- Editorial experience; solid editorial judgment/awareness
- Ability to quickly identify stories
- Sports news experience; competent sports knowledge
- Experience with creating graphics
- Proficient news writing skills;- Strong understanding of newsgathering techniques
- Social media expertise
- Ability to work independently; ability to respond under breakings news deadline situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of CNN systems and workflow preferred
- Ability/willingness to work any shift including weekends and overnights
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.