Turner Broadcasting Principal Architect- Turner Data Cloud in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Principal Architect- Turner Data Cloud
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Big Data/Analytics Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What will you be doing?
- This person will help identify new technologies that will help our Data initiatives by researching and keeping tabs on new technologies.
- Create solutions to transform data from various sources and load it into platforms such as Hadoop, Snowflake to create a data lake
- Work closely with Customer Analytics team members to understand user requirements and offer solutions
- Be at the cutting edge of utilizing data about consumers in the media industry to improve audience experience
- Knowledge of various data technologies offered by AWS and others in AWS environment is important
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 7-10 years solid experience as a developer/architect in OLAP data environments
- Expertise in working with Linux environments
- Experience with Unix Shell Script, Awk, Python
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Expertise in database platforms such as RDBMS or NOSQL platforms
- Expert level knowledge of SQL; knowledge of Hadoop platforms (such as EMR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Qubole) required.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and it's variants such as HiveQL, Spark SQLa plus
- Experience with "big data" platforms such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud-based platforms such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Knowledge and working experience with AWS preferred
- Working with Real time data and tools such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis … a big plus
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs
- Specific application experience with media, Web Analytics and consumer data systems a plus
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Looker
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.