Turner Broadcasting Newsdesk Producer, CNN International Desk in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Newsdesk Producer, CNN International Desk
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- The Newsdesk Producer possesses all Newsdesk Researcher skills and also creates content to be used on all platforms - either in the field, on digital or on television.
- Ensures content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience.
- This role either shoots, edits, field produces and/or writes.
- The Newsdesk Producer is responsible for clearance and communication of all visual content and primarily interfaces with assigned teams in the field - particularly seniors.
What will you be doing?
- Provides guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors.
- He/she ensures communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms is timely and accurate.
- The Newsdesk Producer may be expected to step up to Senior News Editor; may issue Row approved alerts to the network.
- Will perform production work as assigned.
- The Newsdesk Producer can be expected to fulfill the duties of the Newsdesk Researcher when appropriate. H
e/she is also required to work on the Live Production desk periodically and rotate on overnight shifts. What do we need from you?
Undergraduate degree in journalism, media studies or related studies
- 1-2 year entry level Newsdesk or media experience with proven assignment management
- Proven news content production capability for TV and digital
- Research and published or broadcast writing experience
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience
- International travel and/or work
- Fluency in a second language
- Digital and social media competency
- Innovative and creative
- Strong production skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.