Turner Broadcasting NCAA Digital Postgraduate Internship - Multimedia in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title NCAA Digital Postgraduate Internship - Multimedia
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee Sports
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram !
What part will you play?
NCAA Digital brings to life one of the world's biggest sporting events for millions of fans every year - March Madness. Turner's partnership with the NCAA encompasses products, content, and experiences across every possible platform - from iPhones to Facebook, and everything in between. Beyond March Madness, NCAA Digital covers 90 NCAA Championships for passionate college sports fans - including exciting events like the Frozen Four and College World Series. We're looking for exceptional post-graduate interns excited about working in college sports and eager to learn the world of digital media.
What will you be doing?
-The multimedia department oversees all multimedia content for NCAA Digital.
-The multimedia team streams more than 60 live NCAA championships and captures video highlights for all 90 NCAA championships each academic year.
-This team also produces custom video features and franchises throughout the year.
-The multimedia intern will assist the NCAA Digital multimedia staff in the daily video production for NCAA.com and March Madness products, including editing, publishing and distribution of content.
-All candidates must be recent graduates of a four-year NCAA member institution.
-Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
-NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
-In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
-NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
-This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019). The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1.
What do we require from you?
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution
- Strong sports knowledge with background in video editing
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Passion for sports and digital media
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working under pressure
- Experience working for media organization or student web publication
- Basic Photoshop and web publishing skills a plus
- Live streaming experience a plus
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- NCAA Summer 2018 program dates are July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2018!
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.