Turner Broadcasting NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - Product Management in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - Product Management
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee Sports
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram !
What part will you play?
Millions of people are captivated every year by college sports. Passion, hope, and the spirit of competition drive fans to endlessly consume whatever content they can get their hands on. We are looking for an exceptional product management intern to join our team to help evolve NCAA Digital products including March Madness Live, which enables fans to follow every moment of the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship. The role will build great experiences for watching live games, creating and tracking brackets, and engaging with other fans.
What will you be doing?
-Help manage and coordinate the product planning and execution of the entire product lifecycle for the NCAA.com digital products including March Madness Live.
-Help manage the products and services throughout all stages of product development, including strategy and concept, definition, development, release and post-release activities.
-Collaborate with internal matrixed departments, including but not limited to:
-Operations, technology, PMO, sponsorships, core video technology, sports data, and quality assurance
-As well as, marketing to determine operational product plans and product requirements, including feature upgrade plans, product sun-setting, product integration into content, sponsor integration, promotion programs, and development prioritization
-Understand customer expectations, maintain competitive analysis, and communicate consistently and clearly with internal stakeholders and executives.
-Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
-NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
-In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
-NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
-This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019). The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1.
What do we require from you?
- All candidates must be recent graduates of a four-year NCAA member institution.
- Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Web and mobile savvy with technical aptitude
- Knowledge of simple, easy to use, and intuitive customer experiences
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Social media experience
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to brainstorm, think outside the box, and turn to others for guidance and feedback
- Can work both independently and within a collaborative environment
- Passion for sports, mobile and digital media.
- Available to work with flexible work schedule, including occasional nights and weekends
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- NCAA Summer 2018 program dates are July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2018!
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.