Turner Broadcasting NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - Marketing in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - Marketing
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee Sports
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram !
What part will you play?
NCAA Digital brings to life one of the world's biggest sporting events for millions of fans every year - March Madness. Turner's partnership with the NCAA encompasses products, content, and experiences across every possible platform - from iPhones to Facebook, and everything in between. Beyond March Madness, NCAA Digital covers 90 NCAA Championships for passionate college sports fans - including exciting events like the Frozen Four and College World Series. We're looking for exceptional post-graduate interns excited about working in college sports and eager to learn the world of digital media
What will you be doing? The NCAA Digital Marketing and Public Relations departments take care of getting the message and the accomplishments of NCAA Digital out to the public in a variety of different ways, utilizing both traditional and social media.
The NCAA Digital Marketing/Public Relations Intern will provide support to the marketing, strategic insights and public relations teams.
-This will include assisting with development and execution of marketing and advertising plans; research as needed; assisting with development of creative requests, schedules, timing and deliverables.
-PR duties include gathering clippings, managing databases, compiling game notes, coordinating ad placements and newsletters, as well as drafting news releases.
-Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
-NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA.
-In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
-NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of Turner.
-This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019). The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1.
What do we require from you?
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution
- Strong knowledge of college athletics
- Social media experience
- Passion for media
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who is able to perform nimbly and calmly under pressure.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- NCAA Summer 2018 program dates are July 30, 2018 through June 28, 2019.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, April 1, 2018!
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.