Turner Broadcasting Marketing Manager - Cartoon Network in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Marketing Manager - Cartoon Network
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Manager Position dedicated to Consumer Marketing is an amazing opportunity for a capable, competent, and confident rising star to work alongside a seasoned group of Brand Marketing professionals to plan and execute against exciting projects and events in the exciting world of kids' entertainment. The consumer marketing team at Cartoon Network leads brand strategy for fan favorites such as Teen Titans Go!, Ben 10, Steven Universe, Powerpuff Girls, and more. We execute media campaigns and events, oversee consumer product efforts for toys, shirts, games, apps, etc., and have dedicated teams that oversee our social media efforts and content creation for digital spaces. The Manager role will work collaboratively with these stakeholders to identify project objectives and promotional extensions to translate into executional plans for success. We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate ready to prove their awesomeness: only unicorns need apply. This candidate should have a background in marketing and digital marketing especially. They should be keyed in to kid's entertainment, animation, and games. They should be able to analyze data and apply it to strategy and tactical planning. They should be tech savvy and proficient at standard office tools and editing software. They should be able to juggle multiple projects at once and excel at detail-oriented work. More than anything, they should be excited to prove why they deserve to be here more than anyone else. The primary focus of the Manager in this role will be to lead strategy and execution for Cartoon Network brands and gaming/app initiatives, in addition to broader brand management on priority Cartoon Network initiatives. They will work closely with brand managers, development, press, social, creative, and executive stakeholders to make Cartoon Network promotions high impact and fun for our audience and to deliver on business goals. Ideal candidate will have experience analyzing data and applying insights to campaign planning and tactics. A candidate with a deep understanding of the gaming/app industry is a must have for this position.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strategy positioning and documentation to guide the success of a brand short and long term.
- Leading game/app/digital initiatives
- Immersion and understanding of digital performance data/trends and applying to executional planning that grows the CN digital portfolio.
- Analyzing data and developing insights that lead to deepened engagement and consideration with our kid's audiences.
- Leading teams
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders across every area of business to navigate cross-divisional success from conception to completion
- Creating, updating, and communicating project documents and presentations to align stakeholders and executives on objectives, deliverables, progress, and post mortems.
- Managing budgets
- Identifying new industry trends that will captivate our audiences
General coordination and communication for marketing projects: working with partners, wrangling assets, working proactively toward milestones, communicating cross-departmentally, and meeting deadlines What do we require from you?
3-5 Years of Marketing and/or Project Management Experience
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Television, Research, Psychology, Media - Extremely Organized
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Ability to take direction and follow through
- Ability to Own and take full Responsibility of Projects
- Candidate will be held accountable for project and assignments
- Professionalism: At times, candidate will be main contact for internal departments, partners, and third party agencies
- Experience working as a team and ability to contribute and fulfill collaborative projects
- Knowledge of social/shareable trends that extend brand value
- Passion and strong understanding of Cartoon Network brands and a passion for animated entertainment, emerging media, and youth culture
- Passion for gaming and knowledgeable of trends that influence decision making within that genre of fans.
Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.