Turner Broadcasting Manager of Accounting - Payroll Tax in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager of Accounting - Payroll Tax
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
The Manager of Tax and Accounting is a critical position needed to fulfill the execution of processing Turner and Time Warner's domestic Payrolls.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively monitor compensation for the overall employee base ensuring accurate processing of pay, benefits (insurance, equity, fringe etc.) and associated tax withholdings.
- Manage the Federal, State, and Local wage and tax reporting process, ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local withholding, unemployment and information reporting requirements and to partner with ADP in the associated reporting.
- Identify potential payroll tax exposure areas and related financial risks, and communicate these risks to senior management and direct/manage resolution.
- Review and analyze reconciliations of all components of the reporting process, ensuring that liabilities are reported accurately in the financial statements.
- Review and approve W2s, W2Cs, tax balance adjustments, tax funding JEs, and requests for additional payments for tax liabilities, penalties, and interest and ensure that all adjustments to liabilities, and that all variances in daily/quarterly/annual reconciliations are accurately reflected on financial statements.
- Manage a staff of two and be expected to manage, coach, and develop the staff, while ensuring that the team maintains critical industry knowledge by staying current on Federal, State, and Local statutory wage and tax reporting requirements.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Tax
- Masters degree or CPA a plus
- 8-10 Years Multi-State Payroll and Payroll Tax experience
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft/HCM process and reporting experience a plus
- Direct supervisory experience required
- Advanced excel skills
- The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail oriented, a self-starter, and adept at problem solving.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.