Turner Broadcasting Manager - International Strategic Finance in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager - International Strategic Finance
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What will you be doing?
- Build business models illustrating financial performance, operational implications and strategic objectives of business initiatives to provide Senior Management with relevant and timely data to make informed decisions (e.g. show profitability, labor utilization, monitoring operational efficiencies).
- Compile and interpret data, and communicate meaningful information for business initiatives, ROI, profitability, displacement, sensitivity and breakeven analysis and trends.
- Proactively develop ad hoc financial analyses to provide management and clients with accurate information to make informed decisions.
- Create and maintain key performance indicators to measure and monitor the performance of Turner's international businesses.
- Regularly prepare detailed historical and projected models for TI and its regions to assess financial and operating performance.
- Understand the key drivers of TI's business, and analyze and summarize the latest financial outlook for communication with executives.
- Regularly monitor trending to identify risks and opportunities and advise mgmt. as necessary.
- Understand the various factors that impact TI's financial performance and develop scenario planning exercises to evaluate the financial impact of changes to key assumptions.
- Manage the annual Budget process across the regions from initial budget review to final strategic presentations to Turner leadership.
- Assist in the review of business plans for new initiatives.
- Display impeccable attention to detail Macroeconomic and Industry Analysis.
- Routinely analyze the financial outlook for Turner, as well as its domestic and international competitors.
- Track macroeconomic trends in key international markets, including movements and outlook for Turner's key foreign currencies.
- Regularly summarize media industry trends and news in key international markets.
- Proactively seek opportunities to supervise a team and/or project to gain supervisory skills.
- Act in a supportive leadership role, provide guidance and review the work of other Financial Analysts to gain supervisory experience.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to grow knowledge of the business and finance in general.
- Proactively promote and practice the Finance and Accounting mission and vision.
What do we require from you?
- At least 4-6 years accounting and/or finance experience involving forecasting and budgeting
- 3-5 years experience with data-mining, statistics and financial modeling
- Advanced MS Office skills -Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial and operational systems.
- Television industry experience Hyperion Financial tools, including Essbase International experience, including managing FX
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.