Turner Broadcasting Manager BIT, Master Control and Playout in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager BIT, Master Control and Playout
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
As the Manager BIT, you will manage staffing resources, prioritize tasks or escalate, as needed, in a tiered ITSM support structure to provide customer support of workplace productivity software (MS Suite, application specific software, etc.) and broadcast production systems (graphics, feeds/edit, etc.). The Manager BIT will collaborate with the Corporate IT staff, Tier-3 team and vendors to build and support data networking infrastructure, servers, SAN, phone switch and video conferencing equipment. Use ticketing tool (Service Now) to track and resolve incidents and service requests.
What will you be doing?
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture. Mentor, guide, develop, coach, and support employee growth. Manage employee performance or discipline issues; make recommendations for compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Facilitate collaboration across all disciplines (e.g., call center, broadcast engineering teams, server and network administration) and projects and assist teams with resolution of issues
- Ensure the on-air readiness of all broadcast and IT systems. Implement maintenance protocols and backup plans to maintain facilities up time. Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and make recommendations for equipment replacement and renewal for modernization and guaranteed support.
- Manage the customer relationship by providing frequent updates regarding status of equipment, issues resolution and projects. Attend or host weekly status meetings with customers to discuss issues and service requests
- Review planning decisions related to budget and equipment needs and constraints for projects. Understand the long-term planning implications of the project and follow the project management process. Provide research, documentation, capital forecast and coordinate staffing resources to ensure projects are completed on-time.
- Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work. Participate in the creation or revision of quality standards, department procedures, and project plans. Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems. Manage and track department assets
What do we require from you?
- At least five years experience in managing a team who provide IT/broadcast support in television broadcasting/ production environment
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- At least one year as a Project Manager or similarly recognized senior/leadership role
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development life cycle and experience with major technology deployment projects
- Demonstrated competency with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., NT, Unix, etc.)
- Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems
- Willingness to learn all Turner proprietary equipment and applications
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface all levels of management and user community
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment to ensure 24X7X365 support
- Flexibility to work during any windows required to support the business as necessary
Hands-on manager capable of managing and coaching diverse staff of engineers and technicians But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.